Our School has a uniform which is worn by all members of our school. The items with the school logo can be purchased in-store or on-line from Schoolwear Solutions based in Oadby, Leicester.
Please ensure that all items of clothing are clearly named. Lost property is kept at the school office.
The Governors are responsible for the school’s policy on dress and have an expectation that parents/carers will adopt the following code for their children as:
- It counteracts peer pressure to wear unsuitable clothing
- It is safe and more hygienic as it is appropriate for the activities the children are doing
- It is economical
- It encourages a sense of identity and pride in our school
- Red jumpers, cardigans, fleeces or sweatshirts – preferable with the school logo.
- White shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- Grey or black trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafores. (Black jeans are not acceptable)
- Black or dark grey tights
- Black leggings may be worn under a skirt but are not permitted on their own.
- Black or dark coloured socks.
- Smart black school shoes without sporting logos (trainers, UGG style boots and heeled shoes are not permitted).
- Summer red check dresses
- Plain sandals, in black or white with straps are permitted in the summer (flip flops, jelly shoes and ‘crocs’ are not suitable and therefore not permitted).
- Hair accessories should be kept to plain black or red headbands, black or red hair bands and clips.
- Fleeces, sweatshirts, cardigans, coats and polo shirts with the Hallam Fields logo are available to order on-line from https://myclothing.com/. All other items are also available from other department or chain stores.
Unacceptable Clothing For School
Denim jeans, football shirts, crop tops, leggings instead of trousers, cycling shorts, fashion scarves, flip flops/ ‘crocs’ or other jelly shoes and shoes with high heels or platforms.
All children must have a change of clothing for PE sessions. Apart from the safely aspect of this we do stress the hygiene importance of changing after exercise as part of our health education policy.
- Black shorts
- Red t-shirt
- Trainers and plimsoll type shoes
- Plain black jogging bottoms and a fleece in particularly cold weather
Please keep P.E. kit within school in the smallest bag possible – a draw string bag will fit on pegs better.
Each child should have a small bag to keep his/her kit in. Every item of clothing, footwear or other property must be marked with the child’s name – either with sewn in labels or indelible marker pen. This is important and parents should make every effort to ensure that their children’s clothing can be easily identified.
- Jewellery, make up and nail varnish should not be worn to school.
- Only stud earrings or authorised medical chains may be worn.
- Watches must be ‘time-telling’ devices only.
We insist that all watches are removed for physical activities and earrings are removed. This is in line with the County Health and Safety Policy on Jewellery.
Children may cover their earrings for physical activities up to six weeks after having their ears pierced. If you would like your child to have their ears pierced, we would strongly encourage you to arrange for this to happen at the beginning of the summer break. If a child needs to have their ears covered, it is the responsibility of parents/carers to provide the tape and for children to apply the tape themselves. Earrings MUST come out for swimming.
Teachers must not remove or replace earrings. They cannot be responsible for the consequences of removing or replacing earrings. Parents cannot transfer this responsibility to teachers.
If, for religious reasons, your child has a piece of jewellery which cannot be removed, you will need to make an appointment to talk with the class teacher to discuss further.
Your child should have a waterproof coat with them in school on any school day, we continue to play and learn outside whatever the weather.
These session focuses on bringing children closer to nature and promoting free, adventurous and exploratory play. Outdoor learning clothing can be kept at school at all times.
Children will need:
- Waterproof coat
- Wellington Boots
- Optional – waterproof trousers
- Spare Socks
Occasionally, our school PTA hold second hand sales at school events - please keep a look out for PTA announcements.