In our school we aim to offer excellence and choice to all our pupils, whatever their ethnicity, gender, culture, faith, ability, disability or medical needs. We have high expectations of all our pupils. We aim to achieve this by identifying and removing the barriers to learning and participation. We want all our pupils to feel that they are a valued part of our school community. Through appropriate curricular provision, we respect the fact that pupils:
- Have different educational, behavioural and cultural needs and aspirations
- Require different strategies for learning
- Acquire, assimilate and communicate information at different rates
- Need a range of different teaching approaches and experiences
Pupils with special educational needs have learning difficulties or disabilities that call for special provision to be made. All pupils may have special needs at some time in their lives. Pupils are considered to have a learning difficulty if:
- They have significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of pupils of the same age
- They have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of the educational facilities that are provided for pupils of the same age
The school works closely with parents in the support of those pupils with special educational needs. We encourage an active partnership through an ongoing dialogue with parents. Parents have much to contribute to our support for pupils with special educational needs. They are consulted and involved in planning and review of provision made for children with SEN and disability; we have an SEND Parents’ Forum meeting each half term and everyone is welcome to join us.
The school’s Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator is Mrs Sarah George. Parents can contact her directly through the school office on 0116 267 0550 or Sarah.George@Lionhearttrust.org.uk, although concerns should be raised initially through the class teacher whenever possible.
|SEND Information Report||2023 - 2024|
|SEND Policy||2023 - 2024|
|Leicestershire Local Offer|
|Anxiety and Stress support pack|
|Sensory support pack|
|Sensory Top Tips|